I knowww everyone has probably been very worried about us but we’ve made it through Hurricane Irene with only a few minor hiccups. We hope everyone else made it through okay as well. In the theme of Hurricane Irene we would like to share a few tips on how to keep your flowers alive for as long as possible.
1. Make sure you remove any foliage on the stems of the flowers that will be below the water line once the flowers are in the vase.
2. Cut the ends off the stems. Make the cuts at an angle to give more surface area access to the liquids.
3. Make sure there is flower food in the water of the vase. If you don’t have flower food you can throw an aspirin in the water.
4. Keep your flowers out of direct sunlight and heavy drafts.
5. Replace the water every day to every third day and trim 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch off the stems at the same time.
And there you have it, how to keep your flowers alive longer.